Re: Database migrations

From: Steve Baldwin <steve(dot)baldwin(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Simon Connah <simon(dot)n(dot)connah(at)protonmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-novice(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Database migrations
Date: 2021-03-13 23:19:35
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi Simon,

Another option (and the one we use) is a tool called flyway -
https://flywaydb.org/. There is a free community edition, and it is pretty
comprehensive. There are docker images you can use during ci.

Flyway supports versioned (run once) migrations, repeatable (run when
changed) migrations, and a bunch more.

Other than being a user of the community edition, I have no association
with flyway.

Cheers,

Steve