Possible Bug: pgAdmin3 , OSX multi monitor quirk.

From: mark <dvlhntr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Possible Bug: pgAdmin3 , OSX multi monitor quirk.
Date: 2015-03-02 21:18:14
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello,

apologies if I'm not getting the UI terms right. However, I am able to
reproduce this fairly consistently.

machine: MacbookPro11,2
OSX: OS X 10.10.2 (14C109)
kernel: Darwin 14.1.0
pgAdmin3: 1.20.0

(not complied from source, installed from dmg file linked on pgadmin.org)

Steps to reproduce:
1. have multiple monitors attached prior to launching pgAdmin3. (in my case
two external dispalys in addition ), non-mirrored mode.
2. launch pgadmin3
3. connect to a database.
4. click SQL query button: ("execute arbitrary sql queries" is the tool tip)
5. the query window will launch in a 'broken' manner. The query window
launches in some full screen mode that isn't the standard full screen mode,
e.g. it can't be exited in the same fashion and keeps the top bar visible.
however the red orange green buttons and associcated program bar are
missing.

disconnecting and reconnecting the external displays fixes the issue until
reboot.

unsure if this is an OSX quirk or something related to pgAdmin3.

thanks,

-Mark