Re: Planet Postgres and the curse of AI

From: Greg Sabino Mullane <htamfids(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Avinash Vallarapu <avinash(dot)vallarapu(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>, David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Planet Postgres and the curse of AI
Date: 2024-08-20 12:32:26
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Jul 23, 2024 at 12:45 PM Avinash Vallarapu <
avinash(dot)vallarapu(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> However, I do agree with Lawrence that it is impossible to prove whether
> it is written by AI or a human.
> AI can make mistakes and it might mistakenly point out that a blog is
> written by AI (which I know is difficult to implement).

Right - I am not interested in "proving" things, but I think a policy to
discourage overuse of AI is warranted.

People may also use AI generated Images in their blogs, and they may be
> meaningful for their article.
> Is it only the content or also the images ? It might get too complicated
> while implementing some rules.

Only the content, the images are perfectly fine. Even expected, these days.

> Ultimately, Humans do make mistakes and we shouldn't discourage people
> assuming it is AI that made that mistake.

Humans make mistakes. AI confidently hallucinates.