Re: Ghost data from failed FDW transactions?

From: Greg Sabino Mullane <htamfids(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jacob Biesinger <jake(dot)biesinger(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Ghost data from failed FDW transactions?
Date: 2024-08-28 12:38:49
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Aug 27, 2024 at 9:03 PM Jacob Biesinger <jake(dot)biesinger(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> I'm scratching my head at a few rows in the root DB, where it seems the
> corresponding tenant transaction rolled back, but the root DB transaction
> committed

> Before I jump into particulars, does this sound like expected behavior?

No, it sounds like something is going wrong. Your setup as described should
work to keep both sides in sync.

Through the magic of postgres_fdw, row triggers, and distributed
> transactions,

Can you expand on "distributed transactions" here?

Cheers,
Greg