tuple statistics update

From: Tom DalPozzo <t(dot)dalpozzo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: tuple statistics update
Date: 2017-04-17 16:18:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi, I'm using libpq to insert tuples in my table and keep looking at
statistics through psql instead.
I noticed that sometimes n_tuple_ins is not updated even after 1 min that
my transaction committed.
My libpq connection is kept alive. If I close the connection then the stats
get updated.
I know that stats are not instantaneous, but I thought that after a while
that a transaction is committed it would be updated.
Regards
Pupillo