Re: ERROR: unexpected chunk number 0 (expected 1) for toast value 76753264 in pg_toast_10920100

From: Harry Ambrose <harry(dot)ambrose(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: adsj(at)novozymes(dot)com, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ERROR: unexpected chunk number 0 (expected 1) for toast value 76753264 in pg_toast_10920100
Date: 2017-08-25 15:57:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All,

Sorry to open this can of worms again. However, we are still struggling
with this issue across quite a large amount of our estate.

From doing some further research I stumbled across the following which
seems to sum up what we are seeing quite well...

http://grokbase.com/t/postgresql/pgsql-hackers/1321h6dpv7/getoldestxmin-going-backwards-is-dangerous-after-all

The above thread does not state whether a fix was committed, can anyone
confirm/deny?

Have a great weekend (bank holiday for some!)

Best wishes,
Harry