proposal: custom autovacuum entries

From: Jordan Deitch <jwdeitch(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: proposal: custom autovacuum entries
Date: 2017-10-26 20:18:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi hackers,

I would like to remove records from a time series table older than a
certain age. My understanding of current standard practice is to configure
an external scheduler like cron to perform the deletion.
My proposal is to allow clients to register functions on the tail end of
the autovacuum sequence.
Alternatively I would suggest some mechanism for scheduling within
PostgreSQL

Thanks,
Jordan Deitch