Re: After configuring remote access,server can't be started

From: Maxim Boguk <maxim(dot)boguk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alex Luya <alexander(dot)luya(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: After configuring remote access,server can't be started
Date: 2015-11-22 10:58:52
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sun, Nov 22, 2015 at 8:54 PM, Alex Luya <alexander(dot)luya(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> My postgresql 9.4 is installed in centos 6.7,and I have followed this:
>
> ​​
>> http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/postgresql-remote-access-or-connection/
>

> 1,cd /var/libpgsql/9.4/data
>
> 2,cp postgresql.conf.sample postgresql.conf
>
> 3,sudo vi postgresql.conf and add two lines,and save it:
>

>> *listen_addresses = "*"​​tcpip_socket = true*

There are no such option as ​

tcpip_socket
​ anymore (it had been removed sometime around 2005 year).
So very likely your server doesn't start because your config file not valid
anymore.

--
Maxim Boguk
Senior Postgresql DBA

Phone RU: +7 910 405 4718
Phone AU: +61 45 218 5678

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/maksym-boguk/80/b99/b1b
Skype: maxim.boguk
Jabber: maxim(dot)boguk(at)gmail(dot)com

"People problems are solved with people.
If people cannot solve the problem, try technology.
People will then wish they'd listened at the first stage."