Re: How to analyze of short but heavy intermittent slowdown on BIND on production database (or BIND vs log_lock_waits)

From: Maxim Boguk <maxim(dot)boguk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: MichaelDBA <MichaelDBA(at)sqlexec(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to analyze of short but heavy intermittent slowdown on BIND on production database (or BIND vs log_lock_waits)
Date: 2023-01-05 11:44:33
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Thu, Jan 5, 2023 at 1:31 PM MichaelDBA <MichaelDBA(at)sqlexec(dot)com> wrote:

> What happens if you take pg_stat_statements out of the picture (remove
> from shared_preload_libraries)? Does your BIND problem go away?

I didn't test this idea, because it requires restart of the database (it
cannot be done quickly) and without pg_stat_statements there will be no
adequate performance monitoring of the database.
But I'm pretty sure that the issue will go away with pg_stat_statements
disabled.

--
Maxim Boguk
Senior Postgresql DBA