Toast and slice of toast

From: Rémi Cura <remi(dot)cura(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Toast and slice of toast
Date: 2014-02-16 10:38:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Hey Dear List,
could somebody point me to some ressources about getting only parts of
toasted data?

I have a very big custom type and I would like to take blocks of it (like
byte A to B then byte C to D then... ).

I found a function in
http://doxygen.postgresql.org/tuptoaster_8c.html#called
toast_fetch_datum_slice, is it the right way to use it
(a for loop and calling it several time?).

Thanks,

Cheers

Rémi-C