Re: importing a messy text file

From: Rémi Cura <remi(dot)cura(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Willy-Bas Loos <willybas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: importing a messy text file
Date: 2014-04-30 09:06:19
Lists: pgsql-general

Hey,
with latest version 9.3 you can use a copy from with a programm as argument.
I had a similar problem (an extra space at the end of each line), so I used
sed in a pipeline to remove it before feeding it to database.

You can use the unix | pipe for most of the stuff.

If you have an older version you can use the mkfifo command to "trick"
postgres into believing he will copy from a file.

Cheers,
Rémi-C