Re: PL/java

From: Joshua Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Zé Rui Marques <ze(dot)rui(dot)marques(at)carrotincentives(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PL/java
Date: 2020-12-07 18:35:39
Lists: pgsql-general

> The PL/java “add-on” is not supported directly by Postgres.

With a few exceptions (Perl, Python) this is how the community handles all
"add-ons". A great number of features available to you are available as
third party extensions and not part of core. Zombodb, Timescale and Citus
are good examples.

In short, don't worry about whether or not it is "official".

JD