need suggestion on querying big tables

From: Ebin Jozer <ebinjozer(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: need suggestion on querying big tables
Date: 2022-12-05 06:29:21
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Team,
in postgresql 11 version we have two tables of size 435 GB and 347 GB.
if we query on single table or if we are doing inner join on both the big
tables, it is not displacing any output, it keeps running

We can see the wait event is IO and directDatafile .

Server Spec : 8 cores and 64GB RAM
PG config : 53 GB(effective_cache), 12 GB(shared buffer)

can you please suggest some ideas , how we can query on big tables and
fasten them to get the output??

Thanks & Regards,
*Ebin*