Re: BDR: Can a node live alone after being detached

From: Sylvain MARECHAL <marechal(dot)sylvain2(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BDR: Can a node live alone after being detached
Date: 2015-06-25 20:59:50
Lists: pgsql-general

> >> You shouldn't part a node from its self. The next revision will
> >> prevent this with an error.
> >

> > Ok, this was not clear for me.
>
> Or anyone else, hence the coming docs and code changes.
>
> Sorry to bother again about that, but what about the "detached node
cleanup" best practice?

Suppose I have 2 nodes, 'node1' and 'node2'. So I am OK to call
bdr_part_by_node_names('node2') on node1 to detach node2. But then, is it
safe to call bdr_part_by_node_names('node1') to do the cleanup on node2, or
should I better call pg_drop_replication_slot('...') instead?

Thanks and Regards,
Sylvain