Error in calling a function with protocol 7.4

From: Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Error in calling a function with protocol 7.4
Date: 2015-12-09 00:40:14
Lists: pgsql-odbc

when function is called using the following way, it generates an error.

? = CALL procname ()

The error message with 09.03.0400 with protocol 7.4 is
errstate -> 08P01
errcode -> 7
errmsg -> ERROR: invalid message format; Error while executing the query

But it passes with protocol 6.4 in version 09.03.0400. The same test passes
with either protocol versions in version 09.03.0100.

Function:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION PROC1() RETURNS INTEGER
AS $$
BEGIN
RETURN 1234;
END;
$$ LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

Here I attached the sample test file to reproduce the problem. I want to know
whether is it a problem or normal behavior in this version?

Regards,
Hari Babu
Fujitsu Australia

Attachment Content-Type Size