Unable to write inside TEMP environment path

From: Randy Burkhardt <randy(dot)burkhardt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Unable to write inside TEMP environment path
Date: 2013-11-28 23:52:11
Lists: pgsql-general

After spending all day trying all the suggestions to get past this error
while trying to install PostgreSQL on Windows 7 64-bit, I finally was given
one that works. The EnterpriseDB guys gave me a link to one of their
pages, I entered the error msg in their search box which found this forum
page which down the page a little tells you to get rid of an old erroneous
"(default)" McAfee registry entry and put in another correct value. This
works like a charm as I was able to get my PostgreSQl 9.x going on my
Windows 7 64-bit.
http://forums.enterprisedb.com/posts/list/3040.page