Re: Same query, same data different plan

From: Imre Samu <pella(dot)samu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kostas Papadopoulos <kostas(at)methodosit(dot)com(dot)cy>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Same query, same data different plan
Date: 2022-10-10 13:24:38
Lists: pgsql-general

> Ran analyze on both. Running the same query I'm getting different plans,
one x10 slower.

theory:

the "statistics target" is too low ?
THEN
different random sample --> different statistics ---> different plan,.

*"For large tables, ANALYZE takes a random sample of the table contents,
rather than examining every row. "*
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-analyze.html

IMHO: Try to increase the statistics target (
"default_statistics_target" , .. )

regards,
Imre

Kostas Papadopoulos <kostas(at)methodosit(dot)com(dot)cy> ezt írta (időpont: 2022.
okt. 10., H, 14:56):