Re: PSQL performance - TPS

From: Imre Samu <pella(dot)samu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Shital A <brightuser2019(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PSQL performance - TPS
Date: 2019-08-02 11:04:10
Lists: pgsql-performance

> Application as a whole is expected to give an throughput of 100k
transactions per sec.
> On this env(8core cpu, 16GB) what is the TPS that we can expect?

as a reference - maybe you can reuse/adapt the "TechEmpower Framework
Benchmarks" tests - and compare your PG9.6+hardware results.

The new TechEmpower Framework Benchmarks [2019-07-09 Round 18]
* reference numbers:
https://www.techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r18&hw=ph&test=update
* source code: https://github.com/TechEmpower/FrameworkBenchmarks
* PG11 config:
https://github.com/TechEmpower/FrameworkBenchmarks/blob/master/toolset/databases/postgres/postgresql.conf
* java frameworks:
https://github.com/TechEmpower/FrameworkBenchmarks/tree/master/frameworks/Java

> We have tested with a simple Java code firing insert

As I see - There are lot of java framework - and sometimes 10x difference
in performance :
https://www.techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r18&hw=ph&test=update

GbE"
( "Intel Xeon Gold 5120 CPU (14c28t) , 32 GB of memory, and an enterprise
SSD. Dedicated Cisco 10-gigabit Ethernet switch")
* java + PG11 results: low:126 -> high:21807

* java + PG11 results: low:329 -> high:2975

best,
Imre

Shital A <brightuser2019(at)gmail(dot)com> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. aug. 1., Cs,
5:11):