Re: How to reduce latency with fast short queries in Postgresql 15.3 on a NUMA server

From: Imre Samu <pella(dot)samu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Sergio Rus <geiros(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to reduce latency with fast short queries in Postgresql 15.3 on a NUMA server
Date: 2023-05-31 17:17:28
Lists: pgsql-performance

> Server B is the new server and is way more powerful than server A:
> So after all, the CPU clock speed still counts these days!

Hi Sergio,

Maybe "powerful" + "powersave"?
as I see Sever B : Processor Base Frequency : 2.40 GHz AND

* Max Turbo Frequency : 3.90 GHz*
Could you verify this by running the 'cpupower frequency-info' command and
checking the governor line?"

read more:
*"But If we haven’t emphasised it enough, firstly whatever database
benchmark you are running *
*make sure that your CPUs are not configured to run in powersave mode."*
https://www.hammerdb.com/blog/uncategorized/how-to-maximize-cpu-performance-for-postgresql-12-0-benchmarks-on-linux/

regards,
Imre

Sergio Rus <geiros(at)gmail(dot)com> ezt írta (időpont: 2023. máj. 31., Sze,
18:03):