Conversion to partitioning table

From: Rajesh Kumar <rajeshkumar(dot)dba09(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Conversion to partitioning table
Date: 2023-08-03 19:47:02
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi friends,

I am using Redhat open shift container and Postgres version 15.2. I wish to
convert the normal table into a partitioning table. Please help me with the
pre-requisite, each and every step to partition. As far as i know, we can
create a new partition(parent and child table) and simply insert data from
the old table into the new table and drop the old one. Is that all?

Please provide me detailed answer with detailed steps.

Thank you
Kumar.