Re: Traversing the catalog using heap_open, systable_beginscan, ...

From: Mark Crosland <mark(dot)crosland(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Traversing the catalog using heap_open, systable_beginscan, ...
Date: 2013-11-11 22:01:00
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Thanks, that helps. I can get table and column info from the catalog now.

What is the recommended way (structs to access via one of the scan/modify
callbacks?) to retrieve the column, operation and value, "col", "=" and
"val" in this example. And is the same method used for both queries and
updates?
select * from table where col=val

A lot of the FDW examples seem to use table options, which isn't quite what
we need. We are going for more of a mapping between tables in different DBs.

Thanks,