Grants on sequences via Grant Wizard fix patch

From: Dhiraj Chawla <dhiraj(dot)chawla(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Subject: Grants on sequences via Grant Wizard fix patch
Date: 2013-05-22 20:01:23
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave,

As per the issue reported on pgadmin-support mailing list related to grant
wizard treating a sequence like a table and giving it grants similar to
that of the table, attached is the patch that fixes this issue. According
to this patch now we check for the sequences object separately and provide
grants to it accordingly. Also according the mail, it was also reported the
we were missing the USAGE grant in the Grant Wizard which I have added to
it as part of this patch.

One thing I noticed though, as we have the RULE grant still existing in the
Grant Wizard, which has been removed after PG-8.1. As the minimum supported
version by the community is 8.4, should we remove the RULE grant from the
Wizard??

Let me know your views on this patch.

Thanks,

--
regards,

*Dhiraj Chawla*
Software Engineer
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Phone: +91-20-30589522

Attachment Content-Type Size
grant_on_seq_via_grant_wiz_fix.patch application/octet-stream 1.2 KB