Re: Profiling PostgreSQL

From: Matheus de Oliveira <matioli(dot)matheus(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dimitris Karampinas <dkarampin(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Profiling PostgreSQL
Date: 2014-05-25 22:45:05
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Sun, May 25, 2014 at 1:26 PM, Dimitris Karampinas <dkarampin(at)gmail(dot)com>wrote:

> My deployment is "NUMA-aware". I allocate cores that reside on the same
> socket. Once I reach the maximum number of cores, I start allocating cores
> from a neighbouring socket.

I'm not sure if it solves your issue, but on a NUMA environemnt and recent
version of Linux kernel, you should try to disable vm.zone_reclaim_mode, as
it seems to cause performance degradation for database workloads, see [1]
and [2].

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/500616CB.3070408@2ndQuadrant.com
[2]
http://frosty-postgres.blogspot.com.br/2012/08/postgresql-numa-and-zone-reclaim-mode.html