Streaming Replication Without Downtime

From: Gabriel Ortiz Lour <ortiz(dot)admin(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Streaming Replication Without Downtime
Date: 2017-02-17 13:06:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,
I've been searching for a way to initialize a new Hot Standby node with
Streaming Replication withou the need for stop or even restarting the
master.
Of course the master is already with the needed SR configs.

I know I have to use pg_start_backup/pg_stop_backup, but i'd like some
tips, or a link to some tutorial, with the order of the steps.

I assume will be something like:

- configure Slave for SR
- pg_start_backup()
- rsync PGDATA to slave