Re: authenticating using Active Directory?

From: Jeffrey Shaw <shawjef3(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: John Scalia <jayknowsunix(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: authenticating using Active Directory?
Date: 2015-03-07 14:25:33
Lists: pgsql-admin

I spent a significant amount of time trying to make Windows users able to
authenticate to PostgreSQL using Kerberos. I found that it was only
possible if the server was running on Windows. If I ran the server on
Linux, only Linux clients were able to authenticate. I asked EnterpriseDB
for help, and they confirmed that PostgreSQL on Linux doesn't support
Windows clients with Active Directory.

If someone has been able to make it work, I'd love to hear how.

Jeff