Re: Question regarding log files in postgresql

From: "lucas(dot)gary(at)gmail(dot)com" <lucas(dot)gary(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Question regarding log files in postgresql
Date: 2014-07-23 04:34:49
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi again, it's deployed to a Ubuntu image, but we're using chef to
configure the box. I know for a fact that chef starts and stops Postgresql
multiple times during the install so I'm pretty sure the MAIN log is from
the initial start, thank you too David G for pointing that out.

My next question is how is postgres picking the filename, but after doing a
little investigation that mystery is cleared up too.

Thank you both for responding. Now I just have to modify our logrotate
script + blow away the accumulated cruft.

Gary