No auto-marking of cell value when editing ''-content. Intended behaviour?

From: Janus <janus(dot)e(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: No auto-marking of cell value when editing ''-content. Intended behaviour?
Date: 2020-01-21 08:27:01
Lists: pgadmin-support

In the table data editor, I can double click a cell of data type character
varying and the cell's content is automatically marked. This allows me to
simply type any new content of the cell and the previous value is removed.
I like this.
Now, if I do the same to a cell with a previous value of '' (that is two
single quotes), there two quote marks are not automatically marked and
hence are not deleted when I begin typing new content to the cell. I have
to mark them/delete them manually.

Is this behaviour per design or should I file this as a bug/feature request?

Best regards,
Janus