bgwriter_lru_multiplier

From: Henry Francisco Garcia Cortez <garcortez(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: aurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>, alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com, David(dot)G(dot)Johnston(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: bgwriter_lru_multiplier
Date: 2021-09-30 19:55:26
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi community, I was reading about *bgwriter_lru_multiplier *I found it,
that article said *bgwriter_lru_multiplier* is a multiplier ratio
determining how many pages should be cleaned for incoming dirty pages,
based on counts from last delay periods. For example, if the value is set
to 2 and if incoming buffers pages are 10, dirty buffers will be cleaned
until there are 20 buffers available or until bgwriter_lru_maxpages has
been written. I have several questions:

First, When they say about buffers cleaned that refers to *bgwriter*
downloaded buffers dirty to hard disk
Second, where buffers should be available on shared buffers or in another
place?
Third, if I decide to increase the ratio of *bgwriter_lru_ multiplier*,
could my performance be affected?
Finally, if I set a value of *1000 *on *bgwriter_lru_maxpages*, What is
value do you recommend for *bgwriter_lru_multiplier*?

https://postgreshelp.com/postgresql-background-writer/
--
Ing. Henry G. Cortez