Re: Building pgadmin4 on Slackware

From: Ibrahim Shaame <ishaame(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: 王荣鑫 <mithra(at)qq(dot)com>
Cc: Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Building pgadmin4 on Slackware
Date: 2019-01-28 21:11:49
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thank you for the response. I have found pgadmin4 was in building
environment directory:
../.local/share/virtualenvs/pgadmin4-mudXvrJT/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pgadmin4.
I have tried to run setup.py. After installing in between the numerous
dependencies, it ended telling: pgAdmin 4 - Application Initialisation. I
wonder what should I do, as the setup on pgadmin doc does not give much
information on compiling it. It says: "

1.

Create a config_local.py file alongside the existing config.py file.
2.

Edit config_local.py and add the following settings. In most cases, the
default file locations should be appropriate:

*NOTE: You must ensure the directories specified are writeable by the
user that the web server processes will be running as, e.g. apache or
www-data.*

LOG_FILE = '/var/log/pgadmin4/pgadmin4.log'SQLITE_PATH =
'/var/lib/pgadmin4/pgadmin4.db'SESSION_DB_PATH =
'/var/lib/pgadmin4/sessions'STORAGE_DIR = '/var/lib/pgadmin4/storage'

1.

Run the following command to create the configuration database:

# python setup.py

But after running that setup I don't see any of the above mentioned (in 2.)
files

Ron, I quite at ease with Slackware which is my preferred distribution.
What I need is just clear instructions on how to build pgadmin from sources.

Thanks
Ibrahim Shaame