Re: Slow index scan - Pgsql 9.2

From: Patrick B <patrickbakerbr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Slow index scan - Pgsql 9.2
Date: 2017-01-10 03:05:16
Lists: pgsql-general

> ​3,581​ individual pokes into the heap to confirm tuple visibility and
> apply the deleted filter - that could indeed take a while.
> David J.

I see.. The deleted column is:

deleted boolean

Should I create an index for that? How could I improve this query?

Does it execute as slowly when you run it for a 2nd time?

No, it doesn't. I think it's because of cache?

I would think because of the NOT "deleted" clause. Which is interesting,
> because that's a column which you conveniently didn't include in the
> definition below.

My mistake.

Would an Index be sufficient to solve the problem?

Patrick