Re: PL/PGSQL + inserts+updates+limit - Postgres 9.3

From: Patrick Baker <patrickbakerbr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PL/PGSQL + inserts+updates+limit - Postgres 9.3
Date: 2016-06-03 07:23:39
Lists: pgsql-general

> -- Creating the backup table with the essential data
> INSERT INTO table2 (row.note_id, row.size, row.file_id, row.full_path)

> Still not seeing what the JOIN to table3 t3 gets you?
>
> Any way the function works.

I changed the function to use row.note_id, row.size, etc... think it's more
intelligent that way! :)

Is there any way to create another function to restore the data back?

Example:

select function_data_1_restore(123414);

Where 123414 = file_id

How can I tell the function to get the file_id that I'll insert into the
call?
Can you please guys tell me?

cheers