Re: Re-sync slave server

From: Patrick B <patrickbakerbr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re-sync slave server
Date: 2016-06-07 00:32:13
Lists: pgsql-general

My set up:

Master --> slave01 (streaming replication) --> slave02 (streaming
replication)
Master --> slave03 (wal_files 4 days old, not streaming replication)

The wal_files are stored into each server.
But when the slave03 was down, the wal_files weren't being copied into it.
We took too long to discover that, and now we lost some wal_files.. they've
been recycled...

So my question is:

Can I just do a RE-SYNC from slave01 to slave03 of the data folder?
Or do I have to sync all the database again?

I'm asking because the DB is 2.2TB, don't wanna do one step and discover
later that did not work and have to do all over again

Cheers
Patrick