effective_io_concurrency increasing

From: Patrick B <patrickbakerbr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: effective_io_concurrency increasing
Date: 2017-06-19 01:02:33
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi guys.

I just wanna understand the effective_io_concurrency value better.

My current Master database server has 16 vCPUS and I
use effective_io_concurrency = 0.

What can be the benefits of increasing that number? Also, do you guys have
any recommendations?

I'm using PG 9.2 and the official doc does not say much about which value
you should use.

If I put it to 1, does it mean I can have a query spread into 1 processor?

Thanks