Re: dependency errors instaling postgis2

From: Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-pkg-yum(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: dependency errors instaling postgis2
Date: 2015-01-20 18:12:11
Lists: pgsql-pkg-yum

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 12:52 PM, Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2015-01-20 at 08:10 -0500, Jaime Casanova wrote:
>
>> Thanks for lookin at this. I have access to a pre-production RHEL 6
>> with a subscription enabled, let me know if there is something i could
>> look at to help you understand this.
>
> Can you confirm the versions of libjpeg and libz?

libz.so.1 is in /lib and /lib64
"""
[root(at)uiogmig01 ~]# ls -lh /lib/libz.so.1
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 13 Nov 26 15:59 /lib/libz.so.1 -> libz.so.1.2.3
[root(at)uiogmig01 ~]# ls -lh /lib64/libz.so.1
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 13 Nov 27 16:15 /lib64/libz.so.1 -> libz.so.1.2.3
"""

the output for "yum provides"
"""
[root(at)uiogmig01 ~]# yum provides libz.so.1
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit, security
zlib-1.2.3-27.el6.i686 : The zlib compression and decompression library
Repo : rhel-rh63x64
Matched from:
Other : libz.so.1

zlib-1.2.3-27.el6.i686 : The zlib compression and decompression library
Repo : installed
Matched from:
Other : Provides-match: libz.so.1
"""

info about the zlib package installed
"""
[root(at)uiogmig01 ~]# yum info zlib
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit, security
Installed Packages
Name : zlib
Arch : i686
Version : 1.2.3