Re: Get back the number of columns of a result-set prior to JSON aggregation

From: hector vass <hector(dot)vass(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dominique Devienne <ddevienne(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Get back the number of columns of a result-set prior to JSON aggregation
Date: 2023-11-28 17:05:10
Lists: pgsql-general

I think you are just trying to get the number of columns in the underlying
table, no real cost to read the metadata

select count(id), (select count(attrelid) from pg_attribute where attrelid=
't1'::regclass and attnum>0) , json_agg(t) from t1 t;

select count(id), (select count(attrelid) from pg_attribute where attrelid=
't2'::regclass and attnum>0) , json_agg(t) from t2 t;

Regards
Hector Vass
07773 352559