Regarding rum_maintenance_proc() with concurrently

From: Durgamahesh Manne <maheshpostgres9(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Regarding rum_maintenance_proc() with concurrently
Date: 2024-07-20 06:47:56
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi
With pg_partman we know the use case .By default run_maintenance_proc()
does not detach tables concurrently. How do we implement tables detach
concurrently without blocking other sessions

We need to detach child tables with concurrently option to ensure that
detach to be happened without skipping when running queries on parent table
based on the retention policy as here some of the queries not using date
column which in turn to scan all available child tables

There would be no problem while detaching tables if queries using date
column

* Is there any option to detach tables concurrently with the mentioned proc
in case of queries not using date column ?

I hope you guys can understand an issue which we are facing on pg_partman

Regards,
Durga Mahesh