Re: Error while installing Postgresql

From: Edi Keškić <edi(dot)keskic97vk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Manika Singhal <manika(dot)singhal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Error while installing Postgresql
Date: 2023-04-13 08:41:48
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Sure, here it is:

1. I use Windows 10 Education x64
2. I downloaded version 15.2 from
https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads
I want to mention that I also tried some other versions, but it didn't
work either.
3. After I downloaded Postgresql app, I started to install it on C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL.
4. I kept all of the components (PostgreSQL, pgAdmin4, Stack Builder, etc.).
5. I set the password with just letters in it.
6. Port: 5432 (default)
7. I selected "Default locale" to be used by the new database cluster.
8. Started the installation process and at the end of it I got the message
I mentioned earlier.

I also want to say that I tried various options to fix this problem. I
created a new user and changed permissions *data *- Properties - Security;
installed in the other directory (D:/ , C:/ without Program Files),
installed Visual C++, but none of them helped me.

If you need any additional information please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

Edi Keškić

čet, 13. tra 2023. u 07:42 Manika Singhal <manika(dot)singhal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>