Re: Adding Oracle Linux to the Linux Download pages

From: Lenz Grimmer <lenz(at)grimmer(dot)com>
To: Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Adding Oracle Linux to the Linux Download pages
Date: 2014-01-02 11:41:37
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi,

On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 10:37 PM, Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org> wrote:

> That is the old list --

In that case, https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/RPM_Installation should
probably be updated - I assume "pgsql-pkg-yum" would be the appropriate one
instead?

> still, *I* am against supporting OL for political reasons.

I see. I admit I'm not familiar with the decision making / voting process
in the PostgreSQL community, but what does it take to get a definitive and
final decision on this?
There is genuine interest from Oracle Linux users in getting "official"
support for newer PostgreSQL builds on their distribution, but in the end
it's of course up to you...

Lenz