Re: Improper type conversion from smallint to short

From: Igor Urisman <igor(dot)urisman(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Improper type conversion from smallint to short
Date: 2013-03-18 04:02:12
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Thanks, Kevin & Kris.

I should have looked this up myself. Just seemed hard to fathom that the
following code shouldn't work:

import java.lang.reflect.Field;
Field f = reflectFieldOfInterest();
f.set(this, resultSet.getObject("some_column"));

The last statement bombs on Integer to short assignment even though, by my
reckoning, ResultSet.getObject() exists precisely for this use case.

-Igor.

-Igor.