Re: Build issue with postgresql 17 undefined reference to `pg_encoding_to_char' and `pg_char_to_encoding'

From: Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander(at)timescale(dot)com>
To: Mikael Sand <msand(at)seaber(dot)io>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Build issue with postgresql 17 undefined reference to `pg_encoding_to_char' and `pg_char_to_encoding'
Date: 2024-10-10 09:49:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Mikael,

> Sorry for not having a properly minimal reproduction to begin with, seems I can't reduce this any further at the moment at least:
> [...]

Is there any particular reason for using pg.patch in your Dockerfile
or not using well regarded / official [1][2] Docker images [3] ?

It seems to me that basically you are complaining that you patched
Postgres and it didn't compile after that.

[1]: I don't use Docker a lot at present and I'm not sure how oficial
these images really are and/or who is maintaining them.
[2]: see also https://postgr.es/m/05d86238a6e46da637c415bd261451de%40postgresql.org
[3]: https://hub.docker.com/_/postgres

--
Best regards,