Re: Reg: Size difference

From: Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander(at)timescale(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Vinay Oli <olivinay541(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Reg: Size difference
Date: 2024-09-13 10:38:01
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

> Could this be a bug? If so, has it been resolved in newer releases? If it is not a bug, how can this issue be fixed? Is there a solution or any supporting documentation available?

Hard to tell based on the provided information. Do you know which
files differ in particular? It could be as simple as a huge text log
file that was never rotated.

Also I'm a bit surprised that you use 15.0. I know several people who
believe that using the next major version of Postgres before the .2
minor release is not the best idea, and I can understand this point of
view. Postgres 15 had 8 updates in the past several years [1] with
multiple improvements / bug fixes in every one of them. You should
probably consider installing these updates.

[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/release/15.8/

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev