Re: RITM18130676_Query_PostgreSQL support subscription

From: Olivier Gautherot <ogautherot(at)gautherot(dot)net>
To: purchasing_sg(at)necssc(dot)com
Cc: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, NECSG Purchasing <ipo(at)nec(dot)com(dot)sg>, SSC Purchasing Mailbox <purchasingsg(at)nec(dot)com(dot)sg>
Date: 2020-10-20 15:32:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear Mary Jane,

Le mar. 20 oct. 2020 à 16:42, NECSG Purchasing <purchasing_sg(at)necssc(dot)com> a
écrit :

> Dear Valued Supplier,
>
> May we follow up on our below inquiry please.

Please check with your technical teams where they downloaded the software
from. If it has been installed as a package from a Linux distribution or
directly from the Postgres web site, it is free software with a permissive
license, be it for Development or Production.

However there are some distributors who package the database engine with
their own add-ons and support - companies like EnterpriseDB for instance.
If you got the software from them, please check with their own commercial
services.

Hope it helps

> Thank you.
>
> Mary Jane Manalo
> Analyst, Vendor Master / Purchasing
> NEC Shared Service Centre
> For Internal NEC Query, please dial 500-63-51- 4004.
>
> Greetings from NEC,
>
> May we ask for your confirmation about following whether is free license?
>
> PostgreSQL(9.4 - 11)
> PostgreSQL(9.4 - 11) support subscription
>
> Thank you.
>
> Mary Jane Manalo
> Analyst, Vendor Master / Purchasing
> NEC Shared Service Centre
> For Internal NEC Query, please dial 500-63-51- 4052.
>
> Ref:MSG44486374

Best regards
Olivier Gautherot