Re: Why do i need to install set_user extension if i can directly grant all required privileges to user?

From: Bhasker Bathini <bbathini(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Bhasker Bathini <onelargepeg(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Why do i need to install set_user extension if i can directly grant all required privileges to user?
Date: 2023-06-21 15:57:15
Lists: pgsql-admin

Jeff, set_user needs to be installed as per CIS benchmark standards, I see
this as more vulnerable giving to individual users.

When you know a user or application account need set of permission, you can
directly grant all the necessary privileges, why do you need to switch
account in performing any operation, I am trying to find if there is any
operation in particular that can only be done by postgres, or any super
user account to inherit its roles?

--
Bhasker Bathini