Re: Wanted: ALTER TRIGGER ... OWNED BY EXTENSION

From: Moshe Jacobson <moshe(at)neadwerx(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Wanted: ALTER TRIGGER ... OWNED BY EXTENSION
Date: 2014-03-31 20:32:06
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 4:20 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> I'm suspicious that the problem is exactly lack of pg_depend records ---
> pg_dump/pg_restore relies on those for correct ordering of parallel
> operations. What method are you using to create these triggers (not
> the functions, the per-table pg_trigger records)?

There is a trigger function on the extension's config table that creates
the trigger functions and installs them (both from the same function). I am
about to try playing with pg_depend to see if it has the desired effect.

Moshe Jacobson
Manager of Systems Engineering, Nead Werx Inc. <http://www.neadwerx.com>
2323 Cumberland Parkway · Suite 201 · Atlanta, GA 30339

"Quality is not an act, it is a habit." -- Aristotle