Re: Call for design: PostgreSQL mugs

From: Quentin Hartman <qhartman(at)direwolfdigital(dot)com>
To: Mike Christensen <mike(at)kitchenpc(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Call for design: PostgreSQL mugs
Date: 2013-09-09 17:25:59
Lists: pgeu-general pgsql-general

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 10:09 AM, Mike Christensen <mike(at)kitchenpc(dot)com>wrote:

> How about something incredibly cheesy like
>
> SELECT * FROM Mug;

I dig this. Black mug with this in white on one side, and a postgres logo
in white on the other side. I'd buy one...

One thing I have not seen discussed here is "Who is the audience?" Is this
something that is intended to be primarily a promotional tool? If so, then
slogans and "we're awesome" things make sense. If it's something for the
community to be proud of and have fun with, then little punny things like
this are better. Also, I would keep words to a minimum for i18n. Really
should just keep it to code, "PostgreSQL". and images.

QH