Re: LibreOffice Base and PostgreSQL Transactions

From: Don Parris <parrisdc(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: LibreOffice Base and PostgreSQL Transactions
Date: 2013-07-18 22:30:43
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>wrote:

> On 07/18/2013 01:44 PM, Don Parris wrote:
>
> Maybe I really need something like macros and BASIC or Python to make such
>> a thing work? If anyone knows a good tutorial on this subject, I can
>> certainly read - just haven't really found anything yet.
>>
>> Many thanks in advance,
>>

> Hello,
>
> Maybe this will help:
>
> http://forum.openoffice.org/**en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=**1426<http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1426>
>
> JD

Thanks Josh, that helps a little. I get the impression from Drew's
discussion that it is possible to choose between creating stored procedures
in LO Basic and the PGSQL native procedures. Is that correct? He gives no
examples of how to use the MySQL triggers/procedures, so I am not sure how
to ensure that, as I enter my data in the form in Base, it gets "held"
until I am ready to hit "submit".

I know very little of LO/OO Basic - or of stored procedures, for that
matter. So it looks like I've got a bit of reading to do.