JDBC4 and setting statement_timeout: responds "is not yet implemented"

From: Gunnar Halvorsen <gunnarh(at)met(dot)no>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: JDBC4 and setting statement_timeout: responds "is not yet implemented"
Date: 2018-03-05 11:27:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear Sirs,
As quite new in this discussiongroup I have red a lot about
statement_timeout, but I can't find any answer on the following problem:

My JavaEE-code responds the fpllowing Error message:

*Method org.postgresql.jdbc4.Jdbc4PreparedStatement.setQueryTimeout(int)
is not yet implemented*

Javacode:
PreparedStatement AA = null;
*..*
*..*
AA.setQueryTimeout( 5000 ); // This sentence generates the fault-message

PostgreSQL version: 9.1.24
( Only READ-access )

JDBC4 version: postgresql-9.0-801.jdbc4.jar

My application reads contiously a SELECT-sentence every 10 seconds, and
needs to be aborted if it not returns in during of 5 seconds.

Is the functiion *setQueryTimeout(INT) *not yet implemented in JDBC4, or is
it the PostgreSQK-server which is not yet implemented?

How shall I implement statement_timeout in my JavaEE code, when I only has
Read-access to PostgreSQL, to avoid this ErrorMessage?

Regards
-Gunnar