Question about loading up a table

From: Alex Samad <alex(at)samad(dot)com(dot)au>
Subject: Question about loading up a table
Date: 2017-07-31 09:02:54
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

I am using pg_dump | psql to transfer data from my old 9.2 psql into a 9.6
psql.

The new DB server is setup as master replicating to a hot standby server.

What I have noticed is that the rows don't get replicated over until the
copy from stdin is finished... hard to test when you have M+ lines of rows.

Is there a way to tell the master to replicate earlier or is there a way to
get pg_dump to bundle into say 100K rows at a time ?

Thanks
Alex