Re: Problem with database

From: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ijas MP <ijasmp18(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem with database
Date: 2021-01-21 16:39:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 2:56 AM Ijas MP <ijasmp18(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi
> I'm trying to initialize a database cluster using initdb.exe. It works fine on all the devices but fails on Microsoft surface x pro. Device processor type is ARM. Can you explain to me why this is happening.

Interesting. Can you supply any supplemental logs/error messages?
initdb prints out lots of supplemental information as it begins
preparing the database.

Also useful would be o/s logs relevant to the failure. windows event
log would be a good place to look.

Setting expectations here, this could be anything from some odd
security problem to a missing API call that postgres depends on. Hard
to say without more provided information.

merlin