Re: Disallow SET command in a postgresql server

From: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Fabio Rueda Carrascosa <avances123(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Disallow SET command in a postgresql server
Date: 2013-04-09 16:13:18
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Fabio Rueda Carrascosa
<avances123(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> My grant/revoke architecture is fine, you mean about costly cpu/ram queries?

it has nothing to do with grant/revoke. There are multiple trivial
things a user can do to DOS you server. You can prevent a lot of
them, but it's definitely whack-a-mole. If you don't believe me, try
logging into schemaverse in the next few moments. I just took it
down. It will come up shortly.

The only way I will advise opening up database to untrusted user is
through pgbouncer (modified to allow only v3 parameterized queries
that match a whitelist).

merlin